Office of Global Education Travel Grant
The University of Colorado Denver’s Office of Global Education (OGE) is pleased to offer a limited number of travel grants to CU Denver | Anschutz students pursuing one of our many short-term Global Study programs that take place each Winter and Summer. This grant covers round-trip, economy class international airfare (up to $1,600) purchased by the Office of Global Education through the university travel agency.
OGE strongly believes in the long-lasting, positive value of education abroad in broadening personal and academic perspectives. We hope that this grant helps bring study abroad within the reach of more CU Denver | Anschutz students.
You must have an active application for a CU Denver Global Study program taking place during the same term as the scholarship application. If you do not have an application for study abroad, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the scholarship recipient’s Global Study program is cancelled, the recipient can use the grant towards another Global Study program during the same academic year. The recipient will not need to complete the scholarship application again, but will have to complete the Global Study program application.
- Must be a currently enrolled, degree-seeking student at CU Denver | Anschutz.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 at the time of application.
- Must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 academic year or an Alternate Aid Form.
- Must have an active application for a CU Denver Global Study program taking place during the same term as the scholarship application.
- Must meet the program eligibility requirements for the selected CU Denver Global Study program.
- Students are only eligible to receive the Travel Grant once.
- Recipients of the Travel Grant are not eligible to receive the World Within Your Reach Education Scholarship for the same program.
If you receive the grant, you must adhere to the following:
- The University of Colorado Denver’s Office of Global Education will purchase my plane ticket to the program for the dates prescribed as the arrival and departure date for the program.
- If I withdraw from the program before the program end date then I am responsible for paying the full amount of my plane ticket.
- If I make any changes to my ticket I am responsible for the additional costs associated with the adjustment.
- The University of Colorado Denver is not responsible if my flight is delayed, cancelled, or for any issues associated with the flight (e.g. missing luggage).
- We will not accommodate special requests for long layovers to and from host country.